March Networks 3030 Multimedia Security Gateway (w/Caddx NX-8e & PC)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the configuration/setup software for the March Networks 3030 Multimedia Security Gateway (OEM Product for Security Broadband Corp.)?

The alarm system is essentially a Caddx NX-8e with a PC built-in (looks like it's running Linux) for network monitoring and setup. Apparently, the setup software can configure the PC/network configuration, but I can't seem to locate a copy of it

(March Networks couldn't help since it was an OEM product for Security Broadband Corp.)

If anyone has just even the documentation or how to login (userid/password) to the unit to configure it, that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Reply to
racerx90
Loading thread data ...

I picked one fo these up myself on eBay. You seem to have more info about it than I have. My intention was to just use the NX8E board and scrap the rest. When looking it over I was guessing the larger PCB is for video surv. My unit came with the basic NX8E manual and 448 wireless manual. Where is the built-in PC? I assume it must be on the video card.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
John

John,

I also purchased mine on Ebay as well - it's the same unit I have.

Yes, the PC is located on the video board (which is hooked to the NX-8e over serial - just follow the serial ribbon cable.) It has a network adapter built-in to the PC board which is set to automatically obtain an IP address over DHCP. If you know how to find out which DHCP leases you have given out, then you should be able to find out what address it is. You can telnet or ssh to it (I can't remember which one it is off the top of my head), and you'll see it will prompt you to login. I can't figure out how to get in - it's not obvious what the userid/password is. Perhaps you'll have better luck than me.

If you do find out anymore information on it, please let me know. I'm anxious to figure this out seems like a good way to get network connectivity to the NX-8e without having to buy the Caddx TCP/IP module ($$$).

Thanks.

Reply to
racerx90

I've actually got two of these monsters. I put one away out in the shop for spare parts and used the other NX8E board. Do you have any idea if the NX8E board has a special prom for the March application? It seemed to respond okay with my DL900 software.

Please respond to snipped-for-privacy@msn.com - I don't always check google news groups.

Reply to
John

John-

Not that I could tell. I had to switch a setting on the NX8e board for the serial, but other than that I also had it working with the DL900 software.

Reply to
racerx90

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.