Lobby

I don't know how many times I have had computer service related issues caused by the end user. Usually it is some guard that is bored and wants to be "helpful" and starts fat fingering the keyboard. The end result is never good. Sometimes the security applications demand to be run with administrator level authority. Efforts to create restictions with policy editor under those conditions are not practical. I have not tried the lobby solution. Has anyone here? What results?

formatting link

Reply to
Roland Moore
Loading thread data ...

been at there training class and we discussed the good and bad about this..

for me,if you have a knowledgeable guard he will defeat it,but standard guard wont be able to fiddle in the pc anymore...

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news: tNK_g.772$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
Petem

Since it seems you are north of the ditch and Genetec is a Canadain company training would be easier to get for you. I have never been to Omnicast training but may have to soon. Did you ever attend Verint LVM training or use their encoders or other software (Genetec's OEM nDVR) products. I have. Which do you like better? Do you use Verint encoders with Omnicast or some other brand? If so which? I have only used Bosch Videdo Jet and the pseudo IT encoder from AD. Have you tried Broadware or Mango encoders?

Reply to
Roland Moore

That looked promising, however it locked up my 'puter during the first

10 minutes of my evaluation. It happened while I was in the icon editor. I don't think I'll be making any recommendations for this one.
Reply to
G. Morgan

In fact its taking me 45 minute to drive from my home to genetec office,

I had to take training cause we are betting on some job that require the certification on genetec omnicast,I did install the server and archiver software for test purpose using both Panasonic, bosh and verint stuff...

the software is really promising,the stability of it....well it does have a tendency to don't like being programmed...

but I know that after some time it will get more stable,and wont lock up when recording...

didn't used broadware but used mango wireless link,once...so cant really give much info on those...

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news: NoO_g.805$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
Petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.