FS: (18) LCD1901HD 19" HD LCD MONITORS, NEW IN BOX

We currently have available (18) high definition 19" LCD video monitors. These are new in box with full manufacturer warranty. Our regular retail price for these units is $985. We are currently offering them units at $785 each. Free UPS ground shipping within the Continental USA is included.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

$305.00 CDN here. And we have more than "18" available. We've also got some really nice 22" wide screen units for just $425.00 (CDN). Let's see... UPS Ground to "anywhere" in North America would be about $18.00 (CDN). Geez Bass... That's some markup you got there.

Reply to
Frank Olson

But Frank, those are... "HIGH" "DEFINITION".

Must be some kinda brand name...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Check. Mine are ACER, but I also have access to Viewsonic, Panasonic, Samsung, and LG. The price varies a little between the different manufacturers, but I can assure you I won't be tackin' on $480.00 for a markup. OH... excuse me that's just the sale price... To get the "Bass suggested list" you have to add $680.00.

Reply to
Frank Olson

geez watta rip off price.

Reply to
Mike

I buy all my CCTV from overseas wholesalers. The markups here in the states is appalling at the wholesale level. I have seen an average of

300-500 percent markups at ADI and other wholesalers. Which is a reason I don't buy from ADI any longer. I even purchase Ademco/Honeywell parts from internet wholesalers at a 50-70 percent off ADI pricing.

Jim Rojas

Mike wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

How can I get in touch with you? Your phone number has been busy continuously for the last 24 hrs?

Mike Schumann

Reply to
Mike Schumann

Why didn't you tell me all this earlier? With those kinds of margins I know I am at the wrong end of this business. I really don't fully understand this. How is it that Richardson's and so many before them (Aritech, Arrowhead distribution, Defensive Security, Alarm Supply, etc.) bailed or went under? What the heck kind of ROI were they looking for anyway?

Reply to
Roland More

Many of these larger suppliers have way too much overhead. The mom & pop suppliers have the right idea...no need for large showrooms for dealers that only may show up once or twice a month.

ADI needs to amend or get rid of their pricing structure. It's what kept me away all these years. $32 for a 5816 transmitter, while ADT pays $18 or less. So I just buy them online for the same price ADT gets them for.

I purchase 420 TVL dome cameras overseas for under $25 each. Sony or Sharp chipset, and includes IR LED. The best ADI can do is $80-$118 or more. When I order overseas, I buy 50 at a time, and get it shipped EMS express mail. It is usually at my door within 3-5 days tops. That is just as good as UPS.

Dealers need to really shop around. The internet is a treasure trove of information, for those who care to stay competitive.

Jim Rojas

Roland More wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Agreed. I don't buy CCTV equipment from ADI. The only exception is Honeywell (which owns ADI).

These are ToteVision monitors and if you know anything about ToteVision you know they are excellent and that the prices I'm charging are rock bottom.

Jim Rojas can tell you (now that he knows they are ToteVision) the same things.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

care to share any names?

Reply to
Mike

SOME CONTACT NUMBERS HERE:

formatting link

Reply to
Mike

ToteVision is a quality product, but there are a number of less expensive solutions that offer the same resolution and image quality but at a price that's substantially less. You can't use a comparison between the ELK M-1Gold and another home automation or security controller. You'll have to find panels with the same specs. In the early days of LCD screens it used to be that the horizontal field of view wasn't all that great (you practically had to be sitting in front of the screen). That's not the case anymore, and screen brightness and contrast ratios don't vary all that much between the different manufacturers. Considering you're in the DIY market you should be looking for products people can afford.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hmmmm

I do think that trying to sell your clients the most expensive item rather than the least expensive item with the same specs, could be considered

ummmmm ..... gouging ?

Reply to
Jim

We already spoke. Why are you still asking?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

no we haven't. why are u dodging me?

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.