Elevator phones

1. Anyone here monitor elevator phones at your central station?
  2. Do you use a dedicated phone line?
  3. Besides ADA, are there any land mines I should know about? No 4.
  4. What do you charge? js
Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

Yes. Usually already there. Dunno.

5-10 bucks pm.

Usually an easy job since the elevator yahoos do all the work, we just tell them what phone number to program in and send a bill or add it to the alarm monitoring. Havent done one in a few years...I forget exactly how we used to tie them to an account for ID purposes.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I do not, but there is a device made by Viking Electronics for true line seizure so a dedicated line is not required. I carry it on my site

formatting link

Reply to
holger

#1 Yes, we monitor elevator phones, but only on the jobs where we install or service the fire alarm system. #2 We use the second line of the fire alarm system for the elevator. #3 None that I am aware of. #4 $10.00 per month.

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Reply to
Joe Lucia

Todd Novicky? Really? He monitors one for me. We used a Viking product that sends true CID with an account number then waits for a voice connection. It works on a CS line setup for two way voice. If you are interested I can pull the file and look up the exact product.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yep, He is We.  (Arizona Security Control 

formatting link
Yours sounds pretty clean to me.  We have some really OLD ones that call our Voice line that don't have any automatic messages indicating what elevator the call is coming from.  Caller ID will identify them for the most part for us, which automatically pulls up the account when the operator answers the phone, but if not, it's sometimes hard to get the stuck person to read the plaque to tell us where they are, if they speak/read english.

Your way sounds the best to me... Two-way Voice via the Receiver (I like that Hands-Free version they have too) and we just connect with complete info.  I don't think we have very many of those, but it's definitely the way to go. 

formatting link
is where I found them.

I know we monitor some that will call our voice line, play a message indicating an account number and address, then allow us to talk to the stuckee.  I believe these and the older ones are what he was referring to when he used the "Suck" word.  I can't image the two-way voice version is a problem, for those of us who have mastered two-way voice integration without dropping the line and causing the customer end to stay off-hook (you're familiar with this scenario if you have used two-way voice at other central stations).

So far, the best solution appears to be a Viking E-1600... ADA Compliant Emergency Phone with Built-in Auto Dialer and Digital Announcer utilizing Two-way Voice at your Central Station.  Looks like it can also do a Voice Announcement if calling a Voice line at the C/S, but calling a Receiver line with Two-way Voice would be much more efficient and reliable from a Monitoring point-of-view.  Todd agrees, this is the way to go.  He says the Elevator companies are pushing to have Them do the monitoring since they are the ones we have to call to respond anyway.

Reply to
Joe Lucia

We also use the viking unit, it reports contact id and comes up on our

2-way voice phones. We charge between 10 & 15$.

James

Reply to
J Barnes

Looks like we monitor about 150 elevator phones with wholesale rates ranging from $5 to $7 ($7 when coming in on an 800 number).

Reply to
Joe Lucia

#4 ?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.