Comcast want to supply your security

formatting link
Yet another know nothing corporation like GE going to have its ass handed to it by entering security arena.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Slightly different situation here, GE is a manufacturer where Comcast is a provider. I'm curious to see what equipment they use.

GE may or may not have "had it's ass handed them" but they did at least pour tons of money updating several minor into one big player.

Reply to
mleuck

Some of which no longer exist and others that no longer have any identity.

I don't know that ... that is a good thing.

I still can't seem to wrap my head around Honeywell, GE or UT being anykind of knowledgeable player in the security hardware industry. Now that they've eaten up most of the major players ..... I seem to be waiting for them to spit em out.

It's just a guess but it seems to me that the next chapter in the coming years should bring about a whole new group of start up companys that can develop, manufacture and quickly accomodate what the majority of the installing trade wants. Since most of the trade consists of small installing companys, that kind of manufacturing would seem to be a better match up, rather than with the mega giants who don't have a clue.

Reply to
Jim

Honeywell and Ademco go way way back Honeywell security now part of Stanley has been a long time player in the security market

Reply to
nick markowitz

I'm certainly aware of how long Ademco has been around and what their experience WAS. Honeywell and UT don't have a clue. Stanley is a lock and hardware company. All three of them are attempting to make everyone in the alarm installation business think that they know something about it. Just because they've got the deep pockets to buy up the suppliers to this trade only makes it more obvious that they don't/won't have a clue about what the trade wants or needs.

Let me see now .... It's like a cop who thinks that because he's a cop that he knows about alarm systems or for that matter that he knows anything about anything else (other than being a cop) having to do with security.

If you believe that Ademco or any of the companies that were taken over remain or will remain intact and not affected by their parent company ...... yer dreamin. Who ever holds the purse strings is in control and determines direction. Bean counters rule.

Reply to
Jim

I agree completely, many of the larger companies are playing catchup to little guys like 2GIG and Alarm.com.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.