Cell Phone Jammers are Illegal in USA

ker-snip

FEMA couldn't even manage a fleet of trailers after Katrina.

js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

ny years ago when I

I specifically responded to your post in a non political way.

You know I disagree with you on political matters.

As a matter of fact most of the people who frequent this group disagree with you on politics.

And you know that.

I said that I wouldn't talk about matters political and so did you.

I haven't.

You have.

You persist

It serves no purpose but to stoke the fire.

It's been really nice here.

Do what you will.

Reply to
Jim

Exactly, that's because disaster relief is not a priority. I read only 6% of the their budget goes toward it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

No, it is because the agency is bloated and incompetent. That has not changed.

Reply to
alarman

They're coming to take me away oh no, they're coming to take me away my my to the happy place where life is beautiful......

Reply to
mleuck

Perhaps... perhaps not. Let's not make it personal either way, OK?

This is just my personal attitude, not an attempt to define anyone's rights. If they have reasonable cause to stop and question me, no problem. If not, but I'm at or near the border, I don't mind answering a few questions. 100 miles from the border is (IMO) not the scope of Border Patrol and I'd resent being stopped by them for more than an ID check.

BTW, the same kind of thing happens in other countries but not necessarily with benign intentions. I think I may have already mentioned that I was stopped once by a couple of dishonest cops in my favorite vacation country. They were clearly looking for a "tip". While going through my stuff they noticed a box of rubbers. I ended up giving this character 6 Trojans. Somehow I doubt that would have worked with our Border Patrol. :^)

Jim may be a number of things but it's clear he's no sheep. It seems he thinks it's better to give up a little freedom in favor of security. I disagree -- believing that those who would take our freedom for any reason have no interest in our security -- only their own power.

That's concertina wire, Graham. Constantine was an emperor. I disagree with Jim on this but not 100%. There's got to be a balance.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

As long as the "inspections" aren't just a thinly disguised attempt to marginalize people of specific non-terrorist related groups, I agree.

Yep. I took it political without political provocation. Sorry. :^)

Yep. I don't care. I figure someone has to stand up for the "other" side.

Not really. I think we can talk politics or anything else without getting angry. The key is to realize it's not a personal insult to disagree. I know you believe very differently from me on politics. That doesn't make you any better or worse in my eyes -- just different. If we all agreed it'd be a pretty boring world.

Yes, it has. We're both adults. You can proclaim the virtues of whatever side of whatever issue you want without me getting angry. OK?

Robert

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Good, that is what I believe too. The right always "say" they are for less government (even calling themselves the de facto Libertarian party), but it always seems to me the right wants to be involved in every aspect of or lives.

LOL.. You're right. I'm not the first one to screw that up apparently. :)

formatting link
wire is sometimes mistakenly called constantine wire. "Constantine" probably came from a corruption/misunderstanding of "Concertina" and led to confusion with the Roman Emperor Constantine. This in turn has led to some people trying to differentiate between concertina wire and "constantine" wire by incorrectly assigning the latter term to what is commonly known as razor wire. In contrast to the double-helical construction of concertina wire, as shown being deployed by soldiers in the image, razor wire, or less correctly "constantine wire", consists of a single coil of wire with projecting teeth periodically along its length.[1]

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'll just have to live with the satisfaction of having the last laugh. I won't be able to rub it in on the NG because the internets will be all gone.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You mean like firing car company executives? Telling hedge funds what to do? Regulating pay? Pushing government-run healthcare? Regulating trans-fat?

Yea the right did that kinda stuff didn't they?

Reply to
mleuck

Per G. Morgan:

All those executive orders and they *still* couldn't get help into New Orleans in a timely fashion for fear of stepping on the state gov's toes???

It boggles the mind.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

FEMA "Executive Orders" are dispensed on toilet paper rolls.

Reply to
Frank Olson

The Internets are a permanent series of tubes so they can't go down and I should think you'd be one of the first targets now that you've exposed them

Reply to
mleuck

It would have been illegal otherwise

Reply to
mleuck

Not all of them. Most are genuinely interested in smaller government, lower taxes and better personal freedom. Note: I'm talking about the people -- not the politicos.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

True indeed. Right-wing politicians didn't fire car company executives or any of that other stuff. They just allowed them to run rampant, destroying our economy while raking in personal fortunes at taxpayer expense. BTW, that first bailout -- the one that was spent on trips to Vegas, etc. -- was a Bush program.

That was fun. Care to play again?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Since Bush stole the election we'll never know that.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sounds like someone has been listening to too much Rachael Maddow, either that or Alex Jones

Reply to
mleuck

I knew about Bush long before I ever heard of Rachael. BTW, unlike Faux News' pandering to Bush, Maddow has been lambasting the head of the Democratic party lately. That's the difference between truly "fair and balanced" and the propaganda you get from Bill'O the Clown.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Actually we do...it was bad under Clinton too.

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.