Brinks Home Security Fraud

He will come back and say Brinks doesn't care about dead batteries either however that is not the case

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

heh heh.

Reply to
Joe

So, you wife wants you to get the lead out....of your garage?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hmmm... You mean you actually visit their home?? Or is it that you're actually answering your phone and emails now?? What "level of support" would one "expect" from an online alarm store and more specifically... YOUR online store??

C'mon Bobby... This is your chance to tell us all how truly great you are.

Reply to
Frank Olson

You could send them to China!

Reply to
Jim

I did refute it. Note the second paragraph.

Again, I do what I do for a fair price. Brinks, IMO, does not.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't suggest throwing used batteries in the trash. We ship them to Brinks. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bob, I don't know about your particular province, but BC has had a program called "TIPS" for some years. The program pays for the cost of transporting used lead-acid batteries to licensed processing facilities where the lead can be recovered for use in other devices (more batteries, perhaps?). The TIPS plan apparently is limited to brokers and processors who sign an agreement. What, if anything, your province offers is another matter but it's probably worth checking with local authorities.

Because lead is in high demand right now the value of your used battery stockpile may be more than the cost of transportation and processing. I've read stories about Chinese firms offering to buy up used batteries in bulk (much larger quantities than any small dealer might have, I'm sure). The problem is that the Chinese take no precautions against environmental damage and they don't protect workers who must handle toxic materials. Unfortunately, money talks so there is no shortage of American firms willing to supply them with used batteries and/or to buy the processed results, regardless who ore what may have been destroyed in the process.

Though it doesn't directly affect you, perhaps you may find the following interesting. The EU has passed a law (they call it a "directive") concerning recycling of used batteries. The text is here:

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert L Bass wrote: I'm

gawd you just never stop making shit up do you? now you're an expert on the Chinese, eh?

Reply to
Joe

gawd, you are one lying bastard aren't you.

Reply to
Joe

here there is a place where you drop them and they will give you 7 cent a pound..well that pric was 3 year ago, now it must be a bit more...

Reply to
Petem

RHC: Good one..:))...and..yeah... that is almost exactly what she said in so many words....

Reply to
tourman

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Well I know that they must be disposed of by law in a manner that is environmentally friendly (no trash, no landfills etc). At the moment, I was thinking they must have some value to someone given the huge increase in prices for lead products of all kinds. But my wife is getting pretty ansy about them, so will have to drop them off at a metal recycler near home and hope he doesn't charge me to take them ...

BTW, sorry I didn't get down to visit this year. We no sooner got to Bradenton when we were called home on a family emergency. C'est la vie !! Next year hopefully, things will be better.....

Reply to
tourman

Batteries are worth money (even dead ones). Contact your local recycler. They'll put you in touch with someone they know that will come around on a regular basis and pick up your batteries. That's how we deal with ours.

Reply to
Frank Olson

We sent our batteries to the local ADI.

Reply to
A.J.

What is it with you? Not everyone here has experience with Brinks, but those that do know of what they post. I notice you never bothered to respond to me either. You just willie-nillie accuse people of "lying". I'd suggest you stop being so confrontational. There are nicer ways of disagreeing with someone.

Reply to
Frank Olson

is environmentally friendly (no trash, no landfills etc). At the moment, I was thinking they must have some value to someone given the huge increase in prices for lead products of all kinds. But my wife is getting pretty ansy about them, so will have to drop them off at a metal recycler near home and hope he doesn't charge me to take them ...

It's understandable she wants them out of there. Mine even had the maid try to sweep me out a couple of times. :^)

Bradenton when we were called home on a family emergency. C'est la vie !! Next year hopefully, things will be better.....

That's too bad. Hope everyone's OK at home.

We were both looking forward to your visit. BTW, Angela has been to a few events with me and has mostly lost her fear of biking. A week or two back we went to Plant City for a rally and she decided she wants to ride her own. She wants me to buy her a Harley. I'm looking around for a decent deal on a Sportster. Next year when you come down we'll have to do a ride.

I've got a Yamaha Venture in the garage next to my Suzuki M109R. It needs a lot of work. We're putting new (used) carbs on it this weekend. Once we get it going I'll either pay for a paint job, spiff up the chrome and add some LED lights or just sell it as is for maybe $2K and buy a Goldwing for me.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: Glad to hear your wife wants to ride with you. It makes it much more enjoyable to have an activity that both can enjoy and share equally.

I had a 1985 Yamaha Venture for many years and put over 180,000 miles on it (330,000 kms). It's one hell of a fine bike with bags of power. I drove it across the continent six times, once even dragging a heavy trailer. Provided they have fixed the second gear problem which raises it's head early in life, the bike is bulletproof.

Unfortunately I won't be bringing my motorcycle with me again - I'm in the process of selling the trailer. My wife objected stenuously about this guy on a bike that was constantly tailgating us out the back window all the way to and from Florida...:)) She won't share the driving when we pull the bike behind the van.

Also, I'm doing so much competitive pistol shooting these days that every weekend up here (and in Florida) is filled with competitions, leaving little time to ride. I have been giving some consideration to giving up biking altogether; after 51 years of riding, I'm a bit burned out.....(but we'll see about that over the longer term.....)

Cheers !!

Reply to
tourman

and the only ones posting anything "as fact" are the ones who have no experience....they have no knowledge of what they post. not being confrontational...seriously..not at all....i just hate when i see someone post something "as fact" when they are compleyley wrong. it's not as if brinks charged that much at one time, and then lowered their price....they have never charged that much. i accuse people of lying when i KNOW they are. i'm sorry, i don't see where you'd said anything to me...if i missed it i apologize. if you notice, i never stick my nose into any situation, unless i know i'm right....i never just "throw" stuff out there...i truly do apologize if what i said upset anyone...not my intention...just trying to set the record straight.

billy

Reply to
BDEBJ

more enjoyable to have an activity that both can enjoy and share equally.

Yep. We share other things as well. Unfortunately, she has no interest in fishing, boating nor (especially) the Amazon. But we enjoy spending time together doing all sorts of things. We both love to travel, too.

What second gear problem is that? I haven't yet bought the Venture -- it still belongs to a riding buddy.

I understand. There's an alternative, though. A Harley dealer in town rents Sportsters and a few other models for ~$100 a day. While not cheap, it's still less expensive than trailering a bike down from Canada. Anyway, if you'd like to visit we can still fire up the BBQ. You'll be the only member of the newsgroup to really know how good those burgers are. :)

Why not quit working and just ride from one competition to the next? Yoou won't make any money but you'll have lots of fun.

The same.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.