BOSS Security Systems

Loading thread data ...

Aren't you supposed to display your license numbers?

Reply to
Frank Kurz

RHC: He shouldn't be spamming a newsgroup either..... So what does that say ? A flashy website doesn't mean squat in this business (look at Alarmforce's for example to see the difference between reality and advertising!) He might be good or not...who knows !!

Reply to
tourman

Yes. He is suppose to display his Florida license number. I don't know if Georgia has licensing requirements in place yet...

Florida DBPR is kind of anal about that...It's a $5000 fine for each occurrence.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

He's not just "good". He's "BOSS". :-)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

I didn't go to the website but I could never understand why and alarm installation company would want to advertise in this Newsgroup to begin with. The chances of hitting an enduser, who would follow up one single add here, is so remote that it's hardly worth the energy expended in the typing. I mean, is it just stupidity or the need to aggravate people? I would never follow any kind of spam ad that was on a Newsgroup. I'm I alone in that regard ..... or what? I'm thinking that if one was going to advertise in Newsgroups that they'd be better off posting an ad every day and never stop. At least they'd increase the chances that some passerby would think that they were a "regular" here and that might ad some credibility. Oh well, nobodys said you had to be smart to spam.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: I think it fits the model of a spammer....throw information at a lot of legitimate email addresses (and in this case newsgroups) and at least some people will look at it. It costs nothing and "may" bring results. If you blast out a million messages, there will always be a few souls that will respond, and if even one of them "buys" your message or product, then you have made money, and at virtually no cost.

If I were an end user looking for security services, I'm not sure I'd ever want to use a security company that has to resort to such tactics though. But then many consumers aren't very astute shoppers are they, given their proven propensity to fall for "free systems", poor quality products such as Alarmforce, and a great many other low quality systems that you see advertised as well......

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.