Andersen 400 Series Security contacts

robosama (at) gmail (dot) com

| > It depends on where the switch is. If I put the switch on the bottom (this | > is during framing) I drill the hole, then close the window and latch it. | > Then I have a special 12" long skinny screwdriver (I call it my mafia | > screwdriver) which I put up through the hole and mark the bottom of the | > closed window. I don't drill any of these windows for magnets anymore - I | > only use the super donut magnets...more expensive but it's quicker and you | > get a wider more forgiving gap. You know the kids never latch those windows | > correctly and it takes nothing to pop open enough for a false. | >

| > When I can't do it as above I'll use masking tape to line up (tedious). | >

| > For door switches I have a screwdriver (same skinny one but shorter) that I | > bent, ground down a little and use to line up recessed switches and | > magnets...close the door, stick the screwdriver in to where the switch is | > and give a little twist..this marks the door for mag placement. | >

| > Noobs reading this...you can send me 100 bucks for the tip of the day. | >

| | I asked because I have a quick and easy way of doing it. | | I'll share it with you via E-mail. | | I wouldn't want to give Bass a clue that he's been wasting his time | all these years. It takes about 2 seconds to find out where the mag | should go on a double hung window. | | Anyone else who'd like to have it, just E-mail me. |

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

"Crash Gordon" wrote in news:46b7f96a$0$10306$ snipped-for-privacy@news.qwest.net:

I'v got some bits that are similar to forstner bits but they have a long shank. i think they are for making curved holes. they make a perfect hole for the press fit contacts. i only use them to drill through the frames of doors and such because they make a nice hole with no splintering. then i use a long bell hanger bit to go on through the header or studs.

Reply to
Tommy

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We know. But with all of the lying about how you'd do EVERYTHING that could possibly be done on each and every job you did, never missing anything and always providing it all at a competitive price, "Mr. Thorough" didn't do the tops of double hung windows because it was easy not to do them.

Heh heh heh heh!

Reply to
Jim

Yep I have those too excellent for expensive wood windows

| > I like the split tip or the split brad point bits the best. I use the | > spades for rough work and big ship augers for new construction | > rough-ins. | >

| | I'v got some bits that are similar to forstner bits but they have a long | shank. i think they are for making curved holes. they make a perfect hole | for the press fit contacts. i only use them to drill through the frames of | doors and such because they make a nice hole with no splintering. then i | use a long bell hanger bit to go on through the header or studs.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

DOes anyone have the how to article on how to install contacts on Anderen 400 series double hung windows?

Reply to
bwiseman

I think the answer to your question is "hidden" somewhere in this thread.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.