Aiphone video door station in cold weather

Hi,

I'm interested in the Aiphone JFS serie of door video intercom for my new home. I've read the online manuals and specs. What's bothering me is the technical precautions say the operating temperature for the outdoor video station is

-10C to +60C (+14F to +140F).

But I'm living in Canada and the temperature during winter can go down to -30C (-22F). Could it be a problem? Has anyone used it in a very cold weather condition ?

Thanks.

Reply to
OmbreJaunez
Loading thread data ...

I'd check with the manufacturer but I'm guessing that the only thing that would happen is that during the really cold weather, the unit would simply, "slowwwww down".

I wouldn't mount it in a highly exposed location, (direct exposure to water, ice, snow) if at all possible and you should make sure that you weather proofed it as much as possible with insulation and sealing to avoid condensation.

In my experience, cold doesn't destroy moisture protected solid state devices ..... but may cause them to become sluggish or temporarally stop working.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.