ServerLoadBalancing and Lotus Notes

Hi folks,

I have lotus notes cluster (lotus application cluster - active/passive node) with 2 servers as internal mail sistem and 2 mail relay servers in DMZ running Postfix.

I'm setting up high avalilabilty mail system with server load balancing switches. I would like to know how to perform healt-cheking from SLB switch to Lotus Notes. In case that primary (active) Lotus node goes down, SLB must be aware in reroute mail from DMZ to the second Lotus node.

At the moment I can monitor the tcp 1352 and tcp 25 port on active Lotus node (i can get the info that the tcp port is alive/open)

I'm also monitoring the banner of the Lotus Notes node on port tcp 25 which tell the SLB switch that smtp service on node1 is really running.

(220 lndnode1 ESMTP Service (Lotus Domino Release 6.x.x) ready at Thu, 3 Nov 2005 11:52:32 +0100)

My question is how can I get the same/similar output on tcp 1352 port of Lotus Notes for healt-cheking.

I already tried to telnet on LN port (telnet lndnode1.internal-domain.local 1352) but LN didn't gave me back any information..:(

br, Pant

Reply to
nooo
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Angler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.