problem with internal clock

good evening, I've a problem with internal clock of Communication Server (with CPU Intel P2). The internal clock of the central advances about one to two minutes every day. The central is a communication server with Cpu Intel P2. I am obliged to manually modify the clock on a daily basis by means of the application LD

2 and the commands STAD and TTAD. I would also like to add that the other two centrals with the same hardware present this identical problem. Is it possible to automatically resolve this bug by installing patches or other similar programs? What could it depend on?

I thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards, Ivan Galli Italy

Reply to
Ivan
Loading thread data ...

Nortel PBX's have been notoriously poor clocks for many years now. It's unfortunate, but true. If you need a more accurate setting, contact your vendor -- there are compensations that can be programmed to tweak the clock. It will probably never keep perfect time, but it can be made to be fairly accurate. If you're a do-it-yourself'er, you can look for the settings in LD

2 and give it a whirl, but be careful. Some folks use procomm to script the PBX time for a NTP server, but this is risky if you don't know what you're doing.

jephph

Reply to
SpedMail

Many Thanks! I used the command SDTA in LD2 and it perfectly works, Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

With release 5, the switch will be able to use an NTP server.

Reply to
Bob

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.