Brought down a stack of 450-24t's with a procurve 2524

Currently I'm the gopher on a problem with our office network. The young guy always does the research and the old guys get the praise... at least i'm learning.

We have a stack of 5 Nortel 450-24t's with a HP procurve 2524 plugged in with a Cat 5 cable. All was working until earlier this week when

*BAM* we got nothing across our 3 remote locations and our main office.

After playing we've found that one of the 450's (that the 2524 was plugged into) froze up the stack. It seems to work fine now as long as long as we keep that 2524 unplugged. Every time we plug that guy in we freeze the stack again.

What would cause this situation? Does anyone know of where I can find a manual for the 450-24t? Thanks for your help, The Gopher

Reply to
Rizzo
Loading thread data ...

You can download manual of ES 450-24T from

formatting link

Reply to
Dophi

Broadcast storms can sometimes cause stacks to freeze or lock up their trunk ports. We had a PC cause this from broadcasting (virus infected). Without knowing the all details it's hard to tell for sure. Have you tried researching the 2524 closer?

Reply to
Mr4Sale

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.