Bay Network ASN Password recovery procedures

Hi,

We are using multi devices from Bay networks i.e ARN, ASN, BCN etc

i have 7 ASNs which i dont have the Manager passwords and i am unable to recover them Is there some knows the procedure to breakout these passwords ?

Reply to
shahzad1
Loading thread data ...

Hi. If you have a couple of HSPEX cards, a HSPEX cable, and a ASN with a known password, you can do the following: Connect as many ASN's with unknown passwords as you can to 1 ASN with known password in a stack. (Remember to set the slot # different on each.) You only need a flash-card in 1 of the ASN's.

When they have booted, log in on the console of the ASN you know the password for. Use the TI-command "password" to change the password on all routers (or delete it). Repeat as needed.

Regards Morten Rydahl Nielsen

Reply to
Morten Rydahl Nielsen

reset the password.

Reply to
MC

Thanks all for replying ! i really appritiate it. MC every one knows that there is an imaginary file called no_paswd.exe or no_password.exe or no_passwdd.exe but did any one every see this file ? answer is NO

brother Morten Rydahl yes you are 100% right passwd can be reset in this way but for this procedure routers must be in the cascading mode but what can a person do if all the routers installed in diffrent cities and individually :)

i have found a way and breaked the password of 2 of my ASNs remainig i,ll do but for that i have to visit the location.

Reply to
NeTdEaMoN

I had the file, it does exist, Just have not used in so long (no longer use the routers) I am not sure where I have it possibly at this time, but is does exist I have used it many times in the past. IF I find it I will forward to you via private e-mail.

Reply to
MC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.