My Amp has a LFE Subwoofer Out but My Sb has Left and right Inputs

Hello All, Need to find the best possible way to connect my Home theater Amp that has only one cable LFE or Subwoofer Out... to a Sub Woofer that has only a Left and Right Channel input. I did have it connected from my main Left/ Right outputs to left right inputs of my Sub.... but for some reason I dont' get the rich deep sound from Sub... so I was wondering if there's a way to make a cable to connect the LFE Output to connect to Left and Right Inputs on Sub... Or should I just get a Subwoofer that has a single LFE Input... if so can someone could recommend one thats has a deep rich sound but not to expensive gladly appreciate it... I know I know I'm looking for a miracle.

Thanks Marco

Reply to
moterohsd
Loading thread data ...

Hello All, Need to find the best possible way to connect my Home theater Amp that has only one cable LFE or Subwoofer Out... to a Sub Woofer that has only a Left and Right Channel input. I did have it connected from my main Left/ Right outputs to left right inputs of my Sub.... but for some reason I dont' get the rich deep sound from Sub... so I was wondering if there's a way to make a cable to connect the LFE Output to connect to Left and Right Inputs on Sub... Or should I just get a Subwoofer that has a single LFE Input... if so can someone could recommend one thats has a deep rich sound but not to expensive gladly appreciate it... I know I know I'm looking for a miracle.

Thanks Marco

Reply to
moterohsd

Thanks Marco

Reply to
moterohsd

OK, a couple of things;

(folks, correct me where I'm wrong)

- the LFE is just SIGNAL, it isn't amplified, is it? You'll need to supply a source of power to SUB Out signals. (OK, wait, your Sub is likely a powered sub, isn't it?)

- Use an RCA 'y-splitter' w/ a single in and two outs, plug the two ends into the L and R of your amp/sub combo.

I had similar problem recently with a single SUB Out and a dual voice coil sub w/ an amp in the middle.

TBerk

Reply to
TBerk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.