HD with antenna?

The new TV is HDTV, and I already like the picture quality from DVD's Am I correct that the picture seen from a DVD player is NOT high definition?

I don't think I will drop the additional chunk of change to upgrade my cable subscription to get digital. It requires a box, and gets me a slew of new channels that I don't want. But... I'd like to take a look at what picture quality this TV can provide.

Can I hook up an outside TV antenna to the 75 ohm input and get HDTV from broadcast? It so, I may experiment. It may be difficult just to get a good signal, but I can get a 'useable' signal with rabbit ears, so an outdoor antenna may just do it.

...Dave

Reply to
Dave Edwards
Loading thread data ...

I can tell you the HD picture I get from my HD cable box is MUCH better than any of the DVDs I play. With The DVDs you are not getting HD. I know you can get HD signal with an antenna but I dont know is you need a special one. I'll be trying that out soon as the money Im paying to comcast for phone TV and Internet is a small fortune!!

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

Reply to
Dave Edwards

Dave, The dvr that comcast rents is pretty cool. Dual tuners with built in hard drive to record shows in HD.

Steve

Reply to
comcastss news groups

I took a shot on this whole HDTV thing by buying the 600 dollar beginners model from WalMart. I went across the street to a place called 99 Cent Only store and bought a 99 cent rabbit ears antenna. When I got home I unpacked the TV and attached the ninety-nine cent rabbit ears and scanned the channels and got about six of them in full screen HD awesomeness. I live in a compact area called Las Vegas and all of the big antennas are within a few miles but for me the results are awesome. The point is that the over-the-air stuff really does work with HDTV internal tuners if you are fortunate enough to be with a strong signal area.

Reply to
RickyBobby

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.