Component video - system selectors

I just purchased a 4 input component system selector. It simply allows me to connect 4 component video cables. My LCD TV only has 1 input so it was necessary.

But I noticed that when watching a DVD and cable (even sometimes with XBOX) I can see 'interference' lines scroll up the screen. Obviously on primarily dark scenes/games.

Does anyone know if this can be eliminated? What about high end selectors? Do they exist? Does anyone make one that has little to no interference?

A friend warned me about this. It's rather annoying as it does slightly discolor the image too while it scrolls up.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!!!!

Reply to
Negative
Loading thread data ...

I use a splitter from Radio Shack/ The Source and it doesn't seem to affect the signal quality, at least not to a level I can see. If you'rs is from somewhere else, you could maybe try one of theirs, otherwise, a new receiver with component switching might be in order. "I had to dear, it just wasn't working without it.." worked with my wife! ;-)

Reply to
Fyrman

I had the same problem with this insignia TV I bought (ok rag all you want on thr brand name, but for 400 bucks, it was a DAMN good buy, haha, I could only fit upto a 27" TV in teh space )

I bought a Pelican system selector pro off ebay (I want to say it was like

50 bucks or so, don't remember off hand) it switches between 8 devices, an also has 3 eithernet in's and 1 eithernet out (for hooking up your gam consoles to this box for on-line play, VERY handy instead of running seperate cables or using a hub to connect your Xbox and Ps2 for on-line play) I've noticed no signal loss or interferance using this setup. it also has a front port that allows you to hook up an external source vidoe S-video, component or composite. only draw back is I wish it had a remote, I believe they do make one now that has a remote to switch between inputs, but it's not that big of a deal, I have 2 inputs on my TV, 1 is the cable box, the 2nd is the system selector which has my xbox, ps2 and DVD player on it, so I have to get up regardless to put on my ps2 or insert a DVD.
Reply to
Dr Nick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.