What free software to start with for testing with macro support?

I'm trying to get my X10 project started. My requirements are fairly simple - I need x10 relay switches that maintain the current state in case of a power outage and I need software to download to my cm11a. The software has to allow for multiple on/offs for each switch and should have the dawn/dusk option. I currently have some 'cheap' test equip aquired via ebay and radio shack and the cm11a works as verified by the freebie trial Home Control Assistant software I downloaded. I don't want to buy the real version until I can test out the equipment over two-four months to see if it works reliably in my house but I don't think I can run macros to the cm11a with this version.

Can anybody suggest the best software to start with?

Reply to
surethingthistime
Loading thread data ...

Assuming you're running MS-Windows, get the free Activehome 1.42 software from:

That will allow you to download macros and timers to the CM11A, including dawn/dusk-relative timer events.

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

You can download free X10 ActiveHome software from ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/

Look for x10ah142.exe or the 1.44MB 3 diskette version of the same program in smaller filesizes just below it. The files have a 6/06/01 datestamp.

Reply to
Jack Ak

Thanks. I took a quick look and there is only one on/off setting per device. In order to create multiple on/offs, do I just create multiple devices with the same code or did I miss some option somewhere?

Reply to
surethingthistime

I don't think you can create multiple devices with the same code, but you can store multiple event start/stop times for each device.

Click the On time display window below the label window, then the Next button in the "Timer settings for: ..." window. Note the Help button.

Reply to
Jack Ak

How are you supposed to see the 'whole picture' of on off times? I guess I'll use this for testing but I would certainly look for other software if I find this x10 stuff works adequately.

Thanks.

Jack Ak wrote:

device.

Reply to
surethingthistime

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.