Upgrade HomeSeer to 2.0 ?

Yep, the former. It's a site license so we don't make any more for you to install CQC on another machine in the network.

Yeh, we have a pretty strict, server-based, security system. So just hacking a client tool won't get you in. You have to log in and get a security token in order to do anything useful. That security token has to be passed back in on any calls made from the client.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey
Loading thread data ...

Yes that is probably true along with the fact that they don't seem to realize the difference between ALPHA and BETA testing or putting out a product WAY BEFORE IT IS READY. They just caused their own overload problems. Can't feel sorry when they caused most of their own problems by putting the product out way too soon.

Even with that, they HAVE TO SUPPORT CURRENT PRODUCT AND USERS. By not doing that, they are shooting themselves in the foot for credibility.

It is at the point that I am advertising on my website that they are not providing support for their product and users and that is why my site is down.

I used to get a fair amount of site visitors, 1000+ a month, and now all they get is the message that HS is ignoring their best advertisement by not fixing a long term outstanding security hole.

Don

Reply to
Don

AS I understand it, v2.0 was many months late in coming out. They set up expectations for one date and then didn't deliver.

While there may be some problems with their A&B process, the biggest problems seem to be 1) intrinsic to supporting many devices 2) code coming in part from third parties, and 3 the underlying code and then switch to NET.

I've evaluated Homseer every couple of years since it became available and these problems have been there forever. The nature of the beast is that the problems grow exponentially even as software functionality seems to grow only arithmetically. It's almost always this way ...

Marc Marc_F_Hult www,ECOntrol.org

Reply to
Marc F Hult

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.