HomeSeer Question

I apologize if this is a stupid question. Have been controlling x-10 lights with Homeseer for about 5 years with little difficulty. Recently had problems with some not responding reliably, some not at all. Went through the whole thing of trying to find a new noise source and so forth. I have bridge/signal amplifier. Really could not find a problem. I know the switches worked because I could plug a controller into certain outlets and control them. Anyway, I decided the switches (Switchlinc 1 way) were older so I would replace them with Switchlinc 2-way switches. The new switches are all installed and actually work well. I occasionally have a problem. My question is that I can poll the switches manually in homeseer and see their status but the software does not seem to automatically do this after it sends a command. I would think this would be automatic to make it more reliable. I mean give a command and then ask to see if it was carried out. Then it could reissue or correct it if it was not. I am only using the basic interface. I have not done any of my own programming, I really have little time. So am I missing something. Is there a way to easily have the program do this and make the x-10 more reliable? Does this require special programming? Am I completely missing the boat in how this works?

Thanks

Barry

Reply to
Barry
Loading thread data ...

Depends on the method you are using to turn them on in homeseer but how about something like

Event fred device action - turn on L1 script to run hs.waitsecs 1 while notsure=1 'check hs.execx10 "L1","status" ' you would have to check the homeseer help for execx10 to see the syntax if hs.isoff("L1") then 'filled in by the status command hs.execx10 "L1","on" else ' status returned on notsure=0

PLEASE NOTE: Thinking aloud syntax - not real vbscript by the hs. things are real hs calls.

I don't have any 2 way devices to try this against but I think the idea is sound.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Peard

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:53:19 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Peard" wrote (with possible editing):

FWIW, I would add a counter so it does this maybe 10 times. If after the tenth time, it still doesn't return on or off (whatever the state you desire) it sends a message that the switch or X-10 transmitting device has failed.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Reply to
Dick

I'd also take a look to see what is causing the lights not to go on after the command is issued. I'm going to assume you have a proper coupler/repeater. Take a look for sources of noise maybe.

Martin

formatting link

Reply to
AutomatedOutlet.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.