SPDT needed for control

Guys,

Thought maybe someone might have an idea. I want to use a universal X10 module to control a

24V .6a valvue actuator, and I'm told I need an SPDT to do that. I have the X10 universal module, 24 V power supply, and the actuator. Now all I need is an SPDT.

I could use some info on what kind of SPDT and where to get it, and also could use some sort of basic diagram of how to set that all up.

Thanks much,

Carl snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com

Reply to
cswanson2
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
The manual is available on that page as well.

- Mark.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

Reply to
Dave

The Universal Module already has a SPDT built in. Just attach one lead from the 24v adaptor to one screw terminal, run another wire from the other terminal to the valve and connect the other lead from the adaptor to the other wire on the valve. Or, as others posted, just plug the adaptor into an appliance module.

From: snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com

Reply to
BruceR

Yeah, I was wondering why he needed an SPDT relay... the only reason would be if the one in the universal module can't handle the current surge of the actuator. I don't know the specs of the Universal module though.

Reply to
Mark Thomas

UM506 spec

120 volts AC 60 Hz 1W. Indoor use only. Contacts: 5A at 24V DC, 100VA at 30V RMS Class 2.
Reply to
Jack Ak

Try this link for relay wiring...

formatting link

Reply to
JW

Reply to
cswanson2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.