some simple realtime sensors?

Heya all

Could someone direct me to any kind of resource about measuring temperature, relative humidity and air pressure in real time? Googling on these things yields only high;y comoplex weather stations with proprietary software that can do all kinds of things but not actually write out what's going on right now into a file. I find all kinds of clever data-loggers and data-shuttles and such -- if I wanted to know what T,rho and P were in my house over the course of the last week, I'd be set. But if I want to know what it is right now (unattended, that is, so that I can log in from afar and poll it) I seem to be SOL.

Is there truly nothing like this out there? I'm about ready to roll my own (i mean, I need three sensors and a couple digitizers, how hard can it be) but I figure maybe someone out there has already done the work and is willing to accept my money in return for something I merely have to plug in somewhere...

cordially

Y.T.

Reply to
ytyourclothes
Loading thread data ...

My favorite *cheap* temperature sensor kit might interest you:

formatting link
Up to four sensors with a very simple ASCII output that you can easily log to a file, for less than $20.

You might also look at the One-Wire weather instruments from AAG electronica at:

formatting link
Regards, Eric

Reply to
eschuylerTAKE

DDaq data logger.

formatting link

Reply to
joe

1-wire hardware from
formatting link
and software from
formatting link

DigiTemp also works with the Dallas DS9097U adapters from

formatting link

.cp

Reply to
coderpunk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.