sensor controller

Well, there you go. It's your "job" to "monitor" the newsgroup? Sounds more like you're just making excuses for your stalking habit. But that's a typical sign of a socio-pathic disorder.

Bass, character that he is, doesn't hide behind fake e-mail addresses. He responds, both to e-mail and telephone calls. Stalkers like you hide behind fake e-mail addresses, never revealing their true information.

It's better for folks to be warned of malcontents like you, far more so, than anything somebody like Bass might be doing. He contributes, you and your band of lunatics seek only to tear him down. Meanwhile, he makes more money and you just make yourself look more like someone with serious social disorders.

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney
Loading thread data ...

By who? Buying what?

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Hi Marc,

Thanks for the response,

I am talking about heat sensors, move sensors, change in current sensors. I have read that all the common sensors are x10 which is wireless. I can create wireless sensors with a transmitter and a receiver what is so special with x10? There is a kit to build from

formatting link
the kit is K8055 it has analog and digital inputs and outputs. I would like to know what you think about this controller and which one you would recommend. I am a computer programmer so what I need is a controller that can give me all the inputs and outputs I need from and to the sensors. I don't need it to control the sensors that I can program on the computer. For it to give me all the inputs I need, when I receive an input form a heat sensor, I understand that I will receive it analog as a voltage. I need a controller that I can program easily to convert the voltage in to a number for me use in visual studio.

Thank you for your time.

Nadav

Marc_F_Hult wrote:

Reply to
Nadavc1

Bill,keep on the good work and keep smiling while later on mr bAss stab you in the back... keep on smiling when he will more sooner then later turn this place upside down when he will start arguing with one of the pillar here and finally start a vendetta over the NG like he did in ASA and In some aviation group...

he did it twice why not 3 time?

if he survive his cancer you can be sure that he will feel invulnerable,and you will feel the pain...

"Bill Kearney" a écrit dans le message de news: eeednYhNQ5IaArbYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@speakeasy.net...

Reply to
Petem

Where will the sensors be located? And how -- details matter here -- will you connect them to the PC/controller ?

No the vast majority of X-10 devices are _output_ devices such as light dimmers, and not "sensors".

See my suggestion above. X-10 is widely use because it solves one of the most difficult problems for many folks, namely how to control dimming of lights remotely. T don't know where you live (despite having asked ) _- Israel? -- so there is not much more I can usefully say on the topic. Partly because of building codes and other regulations, what you can/should do depends on what country you live in. Please make an attempt to answer the questions asked so we don't waste effort.

K8055 is not a controller. It doesn't control anything because it doesn't implement any logic. It provides cost-effective low-resolution analog digital input/output to a PC through USB.

There are many, many way to do this. For just one possible path, search "National Instruments" on eBay. If you will doing the logic/programming in the PC, then the PC will need to be on 24x7, right? If so, there is no needed for the I/O to be a free-standing device, right? and PCI or PC-AT add-in cards would work, right? What is your budget?

???? No. You can convert the voltage to a temperature in C, VB whatever in VS.

Check out National Instruments Measurement Studio for Visual Studio. What is your budget ? What are your goals? Is this a hobby or investment? And so on .. Please refer to the questions I asked previously.

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

I've had plenty of exchanges with Bass, with no trouble at all. Sure, he's a character, but aren't we all?

As for cancer, that's just being an ass to make such a comment. Wish it on yourself and see how you fare.

ASA is and always has been a cesspool. You idiots get what you deserve from it. Wallow in it if you insist but keep it THERE, not here.

Y'all need to get a clue and move on with your lives. Or at least GET LIVES.

invulnerable,and

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Hey Bill,

Take a peek over at ASA right now to see why it's a cesspool.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

Mssrs. Morgan, Olson and the guy who calls himself "group moderator" have filed phony complaints. Every time they file another online complaint they post triumphantly that he has a BBB problem. These are a bunch of lowlifes from the security alarms forum who have nothing better to do than rant about Bass.

Reply to
OhNo.NotAgain

Really? When have I ever filed a "phony complaint"?

Are you inferring that the BBB complaints originate with "Mssrs. Morgan, Olson and the guy who calls himself Group Moderator"? You obviously don't know how the BBB operates do you?

Right... and Mr. Bass is "the Voice of Reason, Knowledge, Experience, Truth, and Wisdom"? You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hi Guys

If you would consider using the velleman k8000 kit then theres an xPL Plugin available for it here....

formatting link
For some info on xPL Please have a look here......
formatting link
HTH Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.