Roomba Battery Life

Hi,

How is anyone with a Roomba finding their battery life? I've just bought a new-gen Roomba Sage - charged it 7-8 hours the first time round, but am only finding it cleans for about 25-30 minutes before giving a low battery warning. I've tried this 3 times now.

It's on hard floors, and I've cleaned the moving parts, so it shouldn't be having to work too hard....

Damian

Reply to
dskeeles
Loading thread data ...

Does the manual give any estimate of battery life? 25 minutes is about the same time my B&D upright battery vacuum runs for so I assume that's par for the course.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

We get much longer than that on hard floors with ours. Call them.

Reply to
Byron Hynes

Specs say up to 2 hours cleaning time.

Mine goes for at least an hour and a half on carpet.

Sounds like a dud battery (btw, the Sage is not a new gen Roomba, Sage is now the previous generation, they released a Roomba 2.1 with new features, so far the only Roomba with the new hardware is the Roomba Scheduler and a special Roomba sold by QVC - however you can upgrade the software (if yours already doesn't have the new software, but it still doesn't include the hardware upgrades).

Reply to
none

Thanks!

Do you have the older battery, or the new APS battery?

I bought on ebay as "New" - and it did seem new. It could have been a reconditioned battery, I guess. I'll speak to them.

Damian

Reply to
dskeeles

I gave the Roomba it's best chance yesterday; charged it up for a full

3-days beforehand (as suggested by the support site), and then left it running around a house on 'Clean' mode until it ran out of power. Although the battery light turned red after only 30 minutes or so, it lasted 1hr10 minutes in total - which still isn't ideal, but more than enough for my needs, and not bad enough to return it. I suspect maybe it'll get better with some running in, but we'll see.

Cheers,

Damian

Reply to
dskeeles

iRobot's customer support is superb, if you have any problems you should contact them. They'll take care of whatever problem you're having very quickly and easily.

Reply to
none

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.