powerline shielding for touchpanel

I have a touchpanel and I had to replace a section of the power wire running from the panel to the controller. it works exactly as expected, however the panel is now darker on one side (the side where the new wire runs)...so I am assuming this is some sort of electrical inteference. The original power wire has a lot more insulation and a lower guage than my wire. If this is the problem, any idea how I can sheild this wire to eliminate any interference? If I am off...any idea why the touch panel would be doing this?

thanks in advance!

steve

Reply to
ssg4605
Loading thread data ...

Are you sure it's related to the new wire and it's placement? As in, can you reconnect the old setup and the problem goes away?

Reply to
wkearney99

unfortunately I cannot replace the old one. I determined that it was the wire because I originally had the wire along the entire backside of the panel and it was really dark...then I moved it as far away as I could and it brightened right up. the problem now is the location where the wire actually connects to the panel...is darker than the rest.

thanks,

steve

Reply to
ssg4605

additionally I found out that there is a power line (110/120v i'm assuming) running 3 inches away from the display...now I feel stupid. this is probably it, isn't it? If so, any chance I can shield this monster to prevent any interference?

thanks again,

steve

Reply to
ssg4605

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.