Link to my site? Not a commercial thing, but for Do it your self types.

I got a simple project that can be built to automatically close your garage door if it's been left open too long. It's PIC based, and can be built for $20-$30 US.

I'm looking for feedback (yes, I've done X-10 based and 1-Wire approaches in the past but I wanted a stand-alone solution), and would greatly appreciate a link to my site from other sites.

Here's the link:

formatting link
I'll cross link to your sites in exchange (on a different page called "partners", "Friends", or whatever. You can email me at homeauto at usandthem.com.

Before someone claims that I'm a spammer or something, I've been around here for some time, and have developed a Linux interface to the Cm15a, etc..

Reply to
AZ Woody
Loading thread data ...

Hi Woody,

Thanks for posting this.

Are you a member of the HA webring ?

formatting link
I searched for "Woody", but nothing came up.

Your device could be controlled either locally as you show it, or remotely (with an analog 0-5vdc output) or both (with a motorized potentiometer aka activeknob). Analog control still works!

... Marc Marc_F_Hult

formatting link

Reply to
Marc_F_Hult

Thanks for the webring info - I just joined. Name there is usandthem!

I've used more complex solutions in the past (Homebase controller with digital IO, 1-wire based, etc), but found the KISS principal works best here.

The pot shown in the picture was an earlier version (and is now my test rig). I'm now using a board mounted trimmer pot. The problem with the pot as shown on the site, is it was too easy to bump the knob and change the delay!

Thanks again!

Reply to
AZ Woody

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.