How to Setup a Camera 120 ft Away?

I recently installed a system I purchased at Radio Shack.

formatting link
It has a control console with remote capability to teach it to start and stop any device. I have it set to record to a VCR and connected to a cheap $50 TV from Wal-Mart. I could also teach it commands used with ATI Remote Wonder
formatting link
and run any windows application. My first attempt at installing surveillance system and didn't want to drop a bundle on pro stuff. I am very happy but nothing to compare it to really. You would have to read the specs to see if it fits. I would be interested in learning what you end up using or viewing other posts of this nature.

Regards

Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy
Loading thread data ...

I want to set up a camera by a gate about 120 feet away. I'd also like to put a motion detector out there. When the motion detector is triggered, I'd like a window to show up on the screen (perhaps normally minimized on the task bar) displaying the camera video output.

What's the easiest way to do this? What wireless or wired type of camera setup should I use?

I'm running Win XP but don't have any home automation software.

Reply to
Nehmo

Jimmy,

This looks like a neat device. What happens when there is motion on two of the cameras at the same time?

Thanks,

Reply to
Jeromy Fletcher

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.