Home audio

Hi, I have wired my house with CAT5 cabling into each room, each CAT5 cable runs back to a comms room, i also have speakers wired into the speakers, each speaker cable also goes back to the comms room.

What i have: I would like to have a PC in the COMMS room and have some kind of touch screens in some rooms to access music files on the PC in the comms room and play them in specific rooms through the ceiling speakers. I would also like to access my PC through my Sony Bravia KDL-40S2030U. this also has a CAT5 cable near it.

my question is what do i need to do this, and where do i get it?

Thanks Gary

Reply to
Git
Loading thread data ...

You can contact someone who sell Celestron. I hope you have deep pockets. Promixis has a neat package in its NetRemote Software if you're a DYI. The problem of accessing your PC from your TV is interfacing to the PC network, your TV is not a terminal. I have used NetRemote and it works well once you get the wireless network setup. The software configuration wasn't bad and the touch screen PDAs for remotes are nice.

Michael

Reply to
Slammer

Russound makes a 6-source, 6-zone (room) system that uses the kind of cabling you've installed. Each room gets a CAT5 cable back to the source room. Each room also gets a pair of speaker cables back to the source room. Connect a keypad / display unit to the CAT5 in each room to select a source, operate it and select the volume for that room.

The system is expandable in two ways. You can go to six zones plus four "slave" rooms which play the same source as their respective master rooms with independent volume controls. Typical use for this type of expansion is a master bedroom with a bathroom or a kitchen and dining room.

Alternatively, the system can be expanded by cascading another controller. This would give you up to 12 master and 8 slave zones. The system is called a Russound CAV66. There are several keypad options, including a UNO-TS2 which is a touchscreen and the UNO-S2 which is a conventional keypad. Keypads cost less than touchscreens. Touchscreens can display playlist, channel name, artist name, and song title if the system is coupled with a Russound tuner or media server. The CAV series does both audio and video distribution. There's also a CAA66 system which is audio only.

There are other brands with similar features but I'm a bit biased in favor of Russound because I sell them. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

ling you've installed. Each room gets a CAT5 cable back to

e source room. Connect a keypad / display unit to the CAT5

"slave" rooms which play the same source as their

r this type of expansion is a master bedroom with a

. This would give you up to 12 master and 8 slave zones.

including a UNO-TS2 which is a touchscreen and the UNO-S2

uchscreens can display playlist, channel name, artist name,

rver. The CAV series does both audio and video

r of Russound because I sell them. :^)

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Thanks for the advice guys! I have a better idea on where to go now! Cheers! Gary

Reply to
Git

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.