FS: (18) LCD1901HD 19" HD LCD MONITORS, NEW IN BOX

We currently have available (18) high definition 19" LCD video monitors. These are new in box with full manufacturer warranty. Our regular retail price for these units is $985. We are currently offering them units at $785 each. Free UPS ground shipping within the Continental USA is included.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

$305.00 CDN here. And we have more than "18" available. We've also got some really nice 22" wide screen units for just $425.00 (CDN). Let's see.... UPS Ground to "anywhere" in North America runs about $18.00 CDN. Geez Bass... That's some markup you got there.

Reply to
Frank Olson

And neither one of you mentions the brand so how do we know this is an apples to apples comparison?

Reply to
BruceR

We carry ACER, Viewsonic, Panasonic, LG, and Samsung (the unit pricing I quoted is for the ACER unit). The price doesn't vary all that much between the manufacturers (a few dollars here and there), and I'm sure Bass isn't charging all that much for mark-up. It's his $480.00 "handling fee" that's the killer. Mind you, I'm not set up to do "online" sales, but there's more than one way to "fillet a bass" or "skin a cat" if you're interested. Heck, I should really consider expanding into "online sales". Apparently you don't need an "800 line" or email contacts. All you've gotta do is flood Usenet with "FS", "INFO", and "PR" posts, answer a few questions (in an extremely "helpful" manner") and voila! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

see.... UPS Ground to "anywhere" in North America runs

to apples comparison?

Olson is lying (again). There is no such thing as a high definition 18" CCTV monitor for $305, especially using low value Canadian money. Considering the weight, he's also lying about UPS charges.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That appears to be correct as Acer doesn't show any 19" HD Monitors on their Canadian website.

Reply to
BruceR

The glut has been here for some time, especially in the smaller sizes. I bought a Viewsonic QB19wb about a year ago from buy.com for less than $200. It has performed flawlessly.

Reply to
Dave Houston

geez watta rip off price. u must think theses cha'ers are morons/!

Reply to
Mike

how about a link to them?

Reply to
rabbid

On a monetary note, the Canadian dollar is almost on par with the US dollar. CDN$1.00 = US$0.95.

Which means the US dollar can still buy "slightly" more in Canada.

Reply to
R. Lejeune

No, that doesn't "appear to be correct". I stand behind what I quote. If you don't like Acer, the Panasonic unit is $384.00, the LG unit is $331.00, the Viewsonic is $356.00. All prices are Canadian. If you'd like model numbers I'll be only to happy to provide them. As for shipping via UPS, whether it's $18 or $50, the cost is still *WAY* below what Bass offers. In fact, I challenge you to find any price on any item Bass sells that I can't beat (even with shipping included). He's not the only "fish" that can drop ship anywhere in North America.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sorry for the delayed reply. The monitors are from ToteVision. Here are the specs:

- HD compatible (480p/i,720p,1080p/i)

- Displays 16:9

- Comes in flush mount

- RS-232 control

- 300 Nit brightness

- 800:1 Contrast

- 1440 x 900 resolution

ToteVision is one of the better makers of professional grade CCTV monitors. MSRP on these units is $1,169 each. I usually discount them at $985. We had a military order for 18 units. After having them built the order was changed to a larger model. We did alright on the upgraded order but now have 18 of the 19" HD monitors. We don't want to keep them on the shelf so I'm offering them at cost.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The dollar has been going steadily downhill ever since Shrub stole the presidency. Things will start to get better once we get rid of him and the rest of his thugs this November. Thank God for term limits!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
BruceR

OK, BOTH of you should provide model numbers. What's the HD 19" Acer number?

Reply to
BruceR

Thanks for the details.

Reply to
BruceR

I don't like him and I don't know anything you don't either so it's true he'll be here until January. Once when I was entering the polls a reporter approached to ask what I intended to do. I said, "I'm about to go in there and get even." :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

My monitors are from ToteVision. The model number is in the subject line. It's LCD1901HD. These are professional grade, hi-def monitors capable of 1080i and 1080p, among others.

I don't carry Acer. They make notebook Pcs and PC monitors. Olson's flame is the equivalent of me offering to sell an ELK-M1G and him claiming that he can beat my price by shipping a CM11A. As usual, he's all moo and no beef.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're welcome.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Would that be a one time price reduction by you just to beat Robert on one order or your normal prices.

Of course, since you hide your business identity, you could claim any price.

Reply to
B Fuhrmann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.