Channel Vision LPF-600 Doesn't do what it's supposed to...

I've been modulating channels on my home system for years. I've been using a Channel Plus 3445 (4 channel modulator) and a filter that filters out 75-80. Problem is that with 2 channel separation I can't input all 4 channels off of my CP3445. This hasen't been a problem until just recently when I added the 4th device. I used to modulate on channels 75-77 and 79. Put something on 81 and it's all fuzzy.

So I bought a Channel Vision LPF-600 which is supposed to block 86 and above. The part I missed was at the bottom of the description it says it won't block 95-99 on cable systems. Seems misleading when it says at the top of the description that it blocks >86.

Another problem is that 88 & 90 when assigned to the modulator are fuzzy. I don't get a clear picture untill 92, but by the time I go to

92 then I run into the upper end (95-99) which it also doesn't block. Defeats the whole purpose of why I bought it. I put it in series with my other filter, kept 3 of my channels at 75, 77 & 79 and put the 4th channel at 92 and everything is clear. Only problem is that my cable company uses channel 79 for a channel I really want and have been missing for years.

Why isn't the LPF-600 block above 86 like it's supposed to??? Picture isn't clear until you get to 92, then there is not enough open channels before I run into unfiltered territory again. Aggrivating!!!

Thanks,

Roveer

Reply to
Roveer
Loading thread data ...

ISTR 95 through 99 are mid-band channels. That might be the reason. This isn't my primary area so I'm not 100% certain.

Most filters are not like a brick wall but more like a steep sloping hill. You need to stay one or two channels away from the limits.

Unless I'm wrong about the frequency range of 95-99, you're probably not going to have much luck in that range. If no one is able to help you resolve this you might want to contact ChannelPlus tech support. It takes a few minutes to get through but they're extremely helpful folks with in-depth understanding (not the usual droids reading scripted answers). Their toll free line is

800-999-5225. The auto-attendant says it's the Linear Group because Linear bought ChannelPlus a few years ago.

ChannelPlus used to offer custom notch filters. They're made to order and they take a while to get but if they still make them that may be your best bet. IIRC, they also used to sell direct but if that's a problem let me know (I'm a dealer) and I'll try to help.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
BruceR

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.