Cell phone use with existing home wiring

I do occasionally use the voice (not fax) port for modem connection. It seems to work OK for the low speed modems we use to program certain alarm control panels. I have no reason to use a high speed modem over Vonage. My Internet access while in the USA is cable modem service. We're having both cable modem and DSL installed in the condo in Brazil. That should keep me online during occasional outages from one or the other service provider.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass
Loading thread data ...

I don't know if this will help with the home theater hardware but there is the following device;

formatting link
The description sounds like it would allow you to 'cut' the land line and allow up to 5 regular phones to receive and generate phone calls over the cell phone. This is something that I have been thinking of doing. HTH

Reply to
Art Beattie

Has anyone successfully used Dock-N-Talk with a security system? I too can live without a landline, but security systems rely on landlines to call out. It'll be great if I can use Dock-N-Talk for that purpose and cancel my landline

Robotic Lawnmower Forums

formatting link

Reply to
robo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.