Can a PC change a VCR channel?

Is there anything that could allow a PC to change a vcr channel? Goofy question, I know. I have cable tv to my vcr to a video capture device to my pc, but my vcr, of course, is stuck on a channel and can only be changed by the remote.

Reply to
needin4mation
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Dave Houston

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted. But $55? That's insane. I'll just buy a TV Tuner card!

Reply to
needin4mation

It's a low volume product, and it's a lot more flexible than what you need, so the cost is very reasonable if you really want to use it in a broader way. If you talk another million people into buying one, I'm sure he'd be happy to sell it for $20. But any low volume product like that, and like almost every product in the automation world, has to charge more in order to make it even worth doing.

------------------------------------- Dean Roddey Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems

formatting link

Reply to
Dean Roddey

A TV tuner card probably won't do what you want either unless you know some tricks. If you can solder, you can hack your IR remote to do a simple channel up button push (see link below). If you really like tinkering, then you could hack the IR remote to do all the button pushes via computer, but it would be much easier to just get the USB UIRT.

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

That's exactly what I wanted. But $55? That's insane.

You got to be kidding here ??.......A dumb xantech ir reciever cost approx $150.00 Aus whereas Jon,s UsbUirt which can as well as receiving + sending ir , can learn ir signals and was only $100.00 Aus ($75 US).....Well worth the money IMHO......

Frank

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

If you want cheap...

formatting link

Reply to
Dave Houston

Another cheap solution for most remotes (but not for NT/2K/XP OS).

formatting link

Reply to
Si Ballenger

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.