AHU control for church

I have a church with approx 35 ahu's. These are mostly home-style units with a few big 10-ton package units.

I'm looking for your thoughts as to approaches to take / vendors or equipment to use to control these units.

We'd like to be able to schedule these units and provide some sort of local schedule override. A system that could measure outside t/h and predictively start the unit to arrive at the desired temperature at a certain point would be even better.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
Ken Davis
Loading thread data ...

Hello Ken,

In our church we use programmable thermostats. Can't say much about them as I am not the electrical guys there but they are pre-programmed to arrive at a set temperature for major events such as worship services. When we hold meetings or bible studies and the duration isn't fixed we hit an extra button on there that bumps up the temp regulation time by

30 minutes per push. Works well.

Just my humble opinion: I would never do this stuff via a shaky transmission scheme such as X-10.

Reply to
Joerg

We are definitely looking at a hard-wired system. Don't want to use programmable stats just because you have to go around and manually reprogram any changes. I'd like to be able to do this from a pc or a console.

--Ken

Joerg wrote in news:ZdFIg.21340$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
Ken Davis

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:19:09 GMT, Ken Davis wrote (with possible editing):

You might consider the HAI units, then. They can be individually programmed or from a PC via PC Access. In addition, I think you can program "buttons" to change them from a console.

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.