zonalarm blocked traffic from my router

Just recieved a warning form Zonealarm:

"ZoneAlarm blocked traffic to port 2869 on your machine from port 1054 on a remote computer whose IP address is 192.168.1.1"

My soho router is 192.168.1.1. Does that mean a hacker owns my router and is launching attacks inside my network? Or does it mean that any attack form the outside would come through that and that's just what Zone alarm thinks? Or does it mean somethig completely different?

Thanks.

Reply to
Paul
Loading thread data ...

It means that ZA blocked a packet with source IP 192.168.1.1, source port 1054 and destination port 2869. Nothing more, nothing less.

It could be your router is owned. It could be your router is letting unsolicited traffic through. It could be valid traffic originating from your router. It could be someone else on your LAN. It could even be ZA producing a brainfart. There's no way to tell without knowing more about the packet's contents, your router, or your network.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

OMN!

Those unfortunate people who are trapped into using such crap!

VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

As far as ZoneAlarm is concerned, 192.168.1.1 *is* the outside world.

Reply to
Spender

How does that reply help the poster?

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

What does "work" in terms of a system-deconstruction software and personal network disco (makes funny blinking lights on network traffic) actually mean?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Is this guy BS-ing me? I have to assume he is but reply anyway.

Reply to
Paul

He's a disruptive troll.

Anyone that has a router and any sense of security will have followed the router vendors basic instructions and changed the default password.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

LOL - you mean that "you showed up" and disrupted. You don't seem to be able to understand anything, and your a sad little troll too, even PCBUTTS1 is a better troll than you.

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

LOL, I think that is the only thing you and I will agree on - Hawk is a troll, not a smart one, but a troll. Did you teach him?

Reply to
Leythos

Reply to
Tony

Unfortunately, it doesn't. That's what happens when the trolls eat. ;)

Reply to
fyrfaktry

Welcome to c.s.f.home-of-the-usenet-trolls

Enjoy your stay ;)

Reply to
fyrfaktry

ROTMFFLMMFAO!

Reply to
fyrfaktry

Unfortunately, Usenet is not a support medium, but intended for discussion. There's no need or suppose for helping the OP.

At any rate, it was helpful. Such a constellation (treating the default gateway in the same LAN segment as being in the same security domain as the external WAN) is utter shit.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

So when someone asks a direct question or makes a statement, there is no reason for the person making a reply to address what they are replying too?

The reply was a misguided opinion posted in response to something that it didn't address - which appears to be typical from your limited groups of misfits.

What are you afraid of - why not answer the posters question or statement?

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.