Which Software Firewall to Use?

Project: Desktop Security using a Managed Personal Firewall for 5000 users. Needs to address accidental association via wireless and provide the norm of what the personal firewall arena contributes. (Virus, Trojans, Malware, Spyware, etc..)

I know Zonealarm, Norton, and Sygate all provide managed solutions. Can anyone tell me which one is better or if another vendor I have not listed is better. Thanks.

Moomba

Reply to
moomba
Loading thread data ...

moomba wrote in news:7H1td.6788$Pw1.883345 @twister.southeast.rr.com:

You're going to have to do your own testing of the various solutions to determine which one fits your needs. No one can determine that for you but you.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Why not? We know that Symantec can address ssid for two or more location policies. If we can lock the client down so they cannot use a hot spot that is a good thing. They have a pre-configured access point at there home.

Reply to
moomba

good point. I was just wondering if anyone had certain headaches with one vs. the other.

Reply to
moomba

That is simply a totally useless idea. Forget about it, it will never work.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

I find Sygate to be an excellent firewall. Have had no problems with it in two years usage.

Here is the story on Sygate:

Unofficial Help:

formatting link
Sygate Forums:
formatting link
Users Guide and Quick Start Guide:
formatting link
Compare SPF Pro and SPF Free (See what's inside each one)
formatting link
d/l
formatting link
Sygate has excellent logging that lists all connections or attempted connections, in/out. There is an even better supplemental Sygate Low Viewer at:
formatting link
Casey

Reply to
Casey

- They are all crap, snakeoil and therefore useless

- Often they do harm (since they are useless they don't do any good at all)

- A properly configured system doesn't need one of those placebos.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.