what firewall/security network configurations do techies tend to have?

no, I mean the phrase of -solution for the ignorant masses - ,

I didn't repeat that phrase in its full form because it had caused the misunderstanding in the first place.

It led to discussion of what solutions are for techies. Because I thought you were suggesting that such solutions weren't for techies. (seemed like you were categorising certain solutions are not for techies, from the previous thread)

turned out you meant that such solutions work for techies and also, for the ignorant masses.

hence i think with the firewall appliance, where one time you seemed to say it was for them(prev thread), another time that it wasn't(current thread). I'd explain that as you having in mind that NAT was on or off - respectively. That's what I gather from what you've written here and there anyway.

Of course, we all know what idiot end users or as you say 'ignorant masses' are! No techie would claim that to be a misleading phrase!

Reply to
jameshanley39
Loading thread data ...

I don't know why I can't see your posts anymore in any non msnews.microsoft.com NG. I can see you posting is the msnews.microsoft.com. They are Earthlink server NG(s) that I can no longer see you post. You're not blocked or anything like that, and it's happening in Windows Mail and Thunderbird too as NG clients.

It's a mystery.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.