The all-in-one firewall & security handbook

Title: Digital Umbrella: Technology's Attack on Personal Privacy in America ISBN: 1581124295 Format: Paperback, 308pp Pub. Date: September 2004 Publisher: Brown Walker Press

Amazon URL:

formatting link
B&N URL:
formatting link
A great book for lay people on explaining the 'how' of spyware, adware, and viruses on our computers. This book also gives easy to understand directions on how to protect individual privacy on our computer. Antivirsus, internet security, and antispy software tutorials are given that allows all people to easily put these on their own computer. There are very few books out there that explains the wide range of topics: workplace monitoring, high tech lifestyles, privacy issues, the government and provacy, anti virus, antispy software, and cyber bludging. Highly recommended for all!

I found this book to be a great reference for removing the multitude of spyware I found on my computer. The thing was moving so slow and I just happened across this title out of word-of-mouth about the author, who lives somewhere nearby. I have to say the tutorials that are included in this book should be highlighted more than they are. I finally got my computer to run again.

Reply to
j
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Vanguard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.