SpeedStream 4200 Firewall to Syslog

I am unable to figure out a way to make my SpeedStream put the Firewall log into ANY port so I can submit it automatically to DShield.

Could some kind person tell me how to do that? The Siemens web page for the device clearly states that it does have Syslog support yet their downloadable PDF manual never mentions it either.

TIA

Reply to
Frobozz
Loading thread data ...

The router may have syslog support but it may not have the means to do what you want to manipulate it.

What you need is something like 3rd party Syslog software that going to take the broadcasted syslog data from the router so you can manipulate it.

formatting link
So you figure out how to broadcast the syslog to all LAN machine connected to the router and the machine running Kiwi Syslog will capture it or you broadcast the syslog only to the LAN IP/machine that has Kiwi Syslog running, which the how to should be in the router's manual. Syslog works with just about any brand name router.

Wallwatcher (free) is also a syslog capturing program. It may or may not work with your router. However, you can contact the WW author and he can implement your router's syslog information into the program.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Deep within the forest, you hear *Duane Arnold* whisper:=20

OK, D/L'd that one

And __That__ seems to be the issue. I see no place in their setup where I= =20 can do that. I must say though, the *setup* is rather extensive, they=20 didn't seem to leave much out (except the Syslog b=E7ast)

good idea. I will right now.

if you get ideas on how I can get it to b=E7ast the log, feel free to yell= =20 at me.

--=20 Frobozz GUE245

Reply to
Frobozz

Well, I am going by what you say that the device has a syslog. Do you know for a fact it has a syslog? If it does, I would make contact with SS tech support and end it or continue to read the user manual.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Deep within the forest, you hear *Duane Arnold* whisper:

Their PDF manual says:

1. Syslog-formatted messages can be sent to another node on the LAN.

send one to SS support and one to Alltel DSL support....

thanks

Reply to
Frobozz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.