Sidewinder Command Line Query Questions...

All I'm trying to do is figure out a command line query to look at the entries inside of a netgroup. I tried:

cf acl query table=netgroup | grep partial_netgroup_name

...now while this correctly showed me the external netgroup on the acl, it only showed a one line entry for the internal netgroup (the netgroup I actually want to see the contents of from the command line). I've already verified through the gui console that the netgroup has a number of entries inside of it -- the command line above just doesn't seem to want to show it; it only shows a one line entry stating the netgroup and a backslash (\\)

I also tried:

cf acl query table=netgroup | grep more_descriptive_netgroup_name

...thinking that maybe the output from both my internal and external group that were being reported were filling some buffer and that with the first command, I was just filling some output buffer but still nothing. when i run this new command, it still shows me the correct netgroup, it jsut doesn't expand the netgroup and show me all of the objects in it, only the backslash again... =/

anyone know what's going on or what i'm doing wrong?

tia,

thepip3r

Reply to
internetsavant
Loading thread data ...

"cf acl query table=netgroup" works for me. Have you tried "man cf_acl"? You do mean net group and not burb right?

Reply to
rounner

I'm not saying cf acl query table=netgroup doesn't work -- I'm saying it does. Let me elaborate... Lets say my netgroups was named ftp_int and ftp_ext for my internal netgroup and external netgroup respectively. if i did a cf acl query table=netgroup | grep ftp i get the two netgroups in the resutls. I also see all of the ip addresses listed in my ftp_ext BUT the only thing i see for my ftp_int group is "acl add table=netgroup name=site__ftp_int \\" -- but 0 members of that netgroup listed. =/

Reply to
internetsavant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.