Route Multiple Internet IP addresses to internal web server.. Need help..

I have a block of 5 static IP's from verizon but can only use 1.

I currently use a router to forward 1 ip address to the web server to display a site.

I NEED to be able to assign the remaining 4 to the WAN port and forward to my web server's internal addresses to display other web sites.

Is this possible to do?

What kind of router do i need so i can assign more than 1 external static ip address on the WAN port and forward to the server?

Reply to
cdempster
Loading thread data ...

Any Cisco router should be able to do it or you could configure your own host-based router using FreeBSD or the like.

Reply to
Dom

Best way: Just put 5 nics in the server, and BRIDGE, don't route, the connection. or do 5 ip's one one nic. I just find having 1 nic per IP (esp when new nics are $10 each) is easier to manage.

Use a router or firewall that allows brdiging. Any decent one (ie: not lower end linksys or netgear or other consumer oriented grabage) should be able to do this.

Reply to
snertking

Most any true firewall will permit you to assign multiple PUBLIC IP to the WAN interface and then NAT them to any number of internal IP.

A WatchGuard SOHO, SOHO 6tc, and the x series can do this.

What you might want to do is assign 5 IP to your web server NIC, then setup forwarding to the server from the 5 IP, so that you can have different sites on the different public IP.

Keep in mind, if you setup host headers you don't need more than one IP to host multiple sites, unless you want to use different SSL Certs.

Reply to
Leythos

Yes, Using a firewall will be best solution, besides protecting your LAN network, most of the firewalls come with support for DMZ. As explianed by Leythos. So this will solve your problem.

Reply to
PalicanRule

We have been using GajShield in our office for past 2 years and also recomment it to provide solutions to my customers and have many of them happy with the product. It gives the best price performance and reliablity at affordable prices.

GajShield will not only allow you to use all your IP addresses but also provide protection from intrusions, viruses etc as it includes a Firewall, IPS, VPN, URL Filtering and Bandwidth Management. You can download the software from

formatting link
and test it. It can run on any Intel PC.

Reply to
NT17

I dont want to have my server on the internet what so ever. and i really dont want to mess with 5 nics.

What i am trying to accomplish is very simple but for some reason I cannot find a router that i can assign MULTIPLE INTERNET IP's and PORT FORWARD to my server's INTERNAL IP's.

Reply to
cdempster

Any NetScreen ever made.

Any Fortinet ever made.

Probably lots of others.

This is *very* routine stuff.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

In the Check Point Safe@Office this is called "Network Objects". On the website there's a "feature focus" to explain how this works:

formatting link

Reply to
TechGrrl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.