Requirement of a Firewall behind a CISCO router

Hi,

I have a cisco 2620 router from my ISP(Sonic.net) providing a T1 connection for a small web server and some computers in my home office. I was looking to install a firewall device behind this router, something that is easy to manage using an admin interface. So I got this Linksys broadband router

formatting link
but this router is not working with the CISCO router. However, I can this router working with a modem.

Any help? I was hoping to invest $200 and get a firewall device than mess around with IP tables, IPchains etc.

Thanks in advance

Rakesh

Reply to
Rakesh
Loading thread data ...

if you want to use iptables then you buy a second hand pc and install linux and iptables on it and install 2 NIC cards in it.

There is no reason however, why the linksys router won't work behind the cisco router.

Flamer.

Reply to
die.spam

You can write a firewall with acls.

ip access-list extended f0-in permit ip any any reflect f0-in-dyn ip access-list extended f0-out evaluate f0-in-dyn permit icmp any any permit ip any any fragments

interface FastEthernet0 ip access-group f0-in in ip access-group f0-out out

Reply to
Dom

1. Return the Linksys, it's not enough router for you... you'll need the 0 for a second hand pc..
  2. SonicWall TZ150 or TZ170
  3. Pickup a book and read about ipchains and iptables...
  4. research iptables and ipchains using your second hand pc....

RedForeman

Reply to
RedForeman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.