Webserver behind Cisco 4500 Router

Hi,

I setup my Cisco 4500 Router to do a NAT and use the command

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.10 80 interface Ethernet0 80

to forward to my webserver. Users out on the internet can access it just fine, but when I am inside my network I cannot access the webserver by my DNS address, only 10.10.10.10. Setting up DNS is not an option since this will be a big impact on our active directory network. Is there any command that i can type to allow users to type in the external address (url) of the website and have it translate?

I tried the alias 10.10.10.10 externalip 255.255.255.255 and it did not recognize it..

any thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
derSchweiz
Loading thread data ...

So,

Your internal AD DNS namespace is the same as your external web site dns name? Not sure if that is what you meant by that. IE internal name is example.com and external name is

formatting link
Just wanted to clarify.

Reply to
madmax

No, this website im trying to get to work is totally separate from my AD Name space. Say my AD Name is contoso.com, and the web server on the AD network is web.contoso.com, but the dns used on the internet to access this server is

formatting link
They are also behind an ISA server after the Cisco 4500 and using DNS will mean adding another forward lookup and making things very messy. Any way to configre the router so internal workstations can type in
formatting link
(translate to the external interface of the

4500 router). I did this with a SOHO Linksys router before, if it could work with that, im pretty sure the IOS is capable of doing this..

Thanks again

"madmax" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
derSchweiz

TRY

ip nat inside source static tcp $INTERNAL_IP $INTERNAL_PORT $EXTERNAL_IP $EXTERNAL_PORT extendable

Reply to
Merv

that didnt work, any other ideas?

"Merv" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
derSchweiz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.