Opening tcp port 443, on a Cisco 515e

Hi All, I've a Cisco 515e and I need to open outgoing port TCP 443. The problem is I havent played around much with the 515 and not sure how to go about it. Is it as simple as being on conf t and typing fixup protocal tcp 443? Or is there more to opening up this port for outgoing traffic? An example would be great with reason to why I need this line. Any help or pointers would be great.

Chris.

Reply to
nospam
Loading thread data ...

No, that's not the way to open tcp port 443 for outgoing traffic. You have a rather new Pix model (515E) so you must have a newer operating system (6.X), but it is still possible that somebody has configured the Pix using conduits instead of access-lists.

If you want to have detailed instructions you should post your configuration (munge passwords and other information you don't want to show to everybody).

Please note that I have set the followups to comp.dcom.sys.cisco because the Pix knowledge is there (well, actually I think that the Pix knowledge lives in Canada, but that's an other story).

Reply to
Jyri Korhonen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.