Netscreen and web monitoring

This may be a dumb question but I'll go for it anyway. Is there a way to get full URL information for a particular user's web activity from a Netscreen 5GT? I have the firewall info being sent to a syslog server but only see IP addresses, not full URL's. We're a small shop, no proxy server, no ISA server and don't want to do web filtering or alerting...just every so often check for a particular user's web surfing tendencies. Is there anything I'm missing in the 5GT that will report this? Any other cheap solutions?

Reply to
The Other Mike
Loading thread data ...

Not from the 5GT itself, you will need to use the url filtering plugins that come with screen os v5.1 like surfcontrol for example.

regards

Dave Sinclair NetScreen Authorised Security Instructor

formatting link

Reply to
Sintec

The 5GT doesn't have that functionality natively.

Websense could do it for you, but it's horrifically expensive.

eIQ products might be an answer.

formatting link
Their entry level product might be more in your price range.

-Russ.

----- Original Message ----- From: "The Other Mike" Newsgroups: comp.security.firewalls Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 1:31 PM Subject: Netscreen and web monitoring

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.