Netopia R910 Firewall

I have a problem with incoming SMTP traffic as it reaches the firewall and doesn't get past it. I had a look on the firewall and there seems to be no reason why it can't be denied. This was working fine until yesterday. Could there be a way to set a filter and how is it done ?

Thanks

Reply to
graeme.hendry
Loading thread data ...

are you sure it is the netopia? have you tried telneting to port 25 on yer internal ip of the mailserver?. yes you can setup filters like that in a netopia, but they just dont appear.. restart the netopia and the server also and see what happens..

Reply to
k

I am positive its the firewall as Message labs tried to telnet to port

25 and the connection was refused. I had already restarted the server and firewall but nothing happened. I had a look at the filters and I know to set it up for incoming on port 25 and i know that sdestination address but i dont know what to put for the source address. Would you know ?
Reply to
graeme.hendry

from what i remeber, the source in the netopia should either be the wan ip that the connections are coming in on, or possibly '0.0.0.0'. I think

0.0.0.0 is a wildcard for netopia.. meaning anything coming in from any ip on port 25 make it go to SeverIP.. k
Reply to
k

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.