Netgear FVS318v3 Issues

Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me out with an issue that I am getting with my firewall. From the moment I start the firewall up, the log begins to fill up with the following message:-

Sun, 2005-12-04 17:27:42 - ICMP packet - Source: 192.168.1.1 - Destination:

192.168.1.2 - [ICMP Type: 8 Code: 0, Received

ICMP type 8 is an echo request, however, the destination IP does not exist on my network and consequently, there can be no reply to the echo request. The log simply fills up with this error and eventually the router crashes and needs rebooting (which is a pain as the router is in the attic). If anyone has any ideas about how to get around this, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Reply to
AnglianMarc
Loading thread data ...

Change the router to 192.168.5.1/24 and see if the error is the same.

Also, update the firmware.

Do you have a wireless access point anywhere in the network? If so, turn it off and see if you stop seeing these issues.

Reply to
Leythos

Cheers Leythos,

I'll give it a go.

Reply to
AnglianMarc

Leythos,

It would appear to be my Wireless Access Point. Shutting that down has resolved the problem.

Thanks for your help

Reply to
AnglianMarc

Before you get any farther, you need to set WPA/PSK on your access point or it's going to happen again - not to mention all of the people that can freely access your network.

For the Access Point, get on the vendors site and findout how to enable WPA on it. This will keep others out of your network unless they have your key.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.