List of SOHO firewall routers that can do whitelisting

Hello all,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on SOHO firewall routers (w/ or w/out wireless) they've found that can do whitelisting. I'm needing a broadband firewall router that I can set up to block all web access except for the few sites that are necessary for doing business. The only one I've came across so far is the D-Link DFL-700.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reply to
Bryan
Loading thread data ...

By the way, I forgot to mention that I need white listing to be done on a per IP basis so some can have more access than others...

Thanks!

Reply to
Bryan

Hi,

whitelisting suxx ... it's cons outweigh it's pro's thumbs down ... If you need some control get them to connect through a IPVPN to your central site and use a proxy there to monitor internet traffic. Get your policies up to par and make them enforcable ...

Whitelisting will deliver you one thing = white hair.

Grtz,

Me Bryan schreef:

Reply to
CSSA_Belgium

Actually, white listing, depending on the case, is very easy, simple, and fits the requirement as stated by the OP.

White listing for 5000 users, where they are permitted access to most of the web, yea, that's a pain, but in most cases, few people really need internet access while at work, they just think the company owes it to them.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.