Help with AtGuard

ATGuard is extremely old now, so you can expect that a newer OS will probably break something. No idea how to fix it. I doubt it can be done. Why not use or try something like Kerio 2.1.5 instead?

Reply to
Kerodo
Loading thread data ...

I have an old firewall that I bought a few years ago called AtGuard by a company called WRQ. I tried installing it on my XP Pro, SP2 machine and everything works except the log function. It seems as if AtGuard's log feature has been broken by XP somehow or other. Does anyone know how of a repair or work around so that I can get logs?

WRQ no longer owns the rights to AtGuard so don't suggest contacting them.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

I'm guessing it's because he likes the 'dashboard' feature of AtGuard. I used it for a few years, loved it and still bemoan its absence. Nex

Reply to
Alan Pollock

Yes, that and it's ability to block ads and cookies. I really don't see anything in the newer firewalls that is any better than AtGuard. And why do I have to "subscribe" to a firewall? That's kind of like subscribing to my car.

Jack

Reply to
Jack

I still use Atguard with WinXP. The absence of the log is a minor problem when you consider it's advantages and ease of use. When used alongside ZoneAlarm, all inbound and outbound traffic can be controlled on an application and IP address level.

Reply to
sunnyb
[@guard]

I don't think so. Have you tested my POC on @guard?

formatting link
Because, people are writing, that @guard hooks the TDI, it will not be able to control every outbound traffic, if this is true.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.