from the inside to outside

Is there any way (right now regardless of firewall brand) to re-route packets from inside of a perimeter, from a specific IP and make it come in through the outside interface of a firewall, with the same effect of coming from the Internet?

Reply to
Daniello
Loading thread data ...

so you want to send packets out then have them come back in? well.. assuming you have NAT configured you could simply ping an internet address and the packet will be returned, if you wanted the return packet to be of a specific ip address then yes firewalls like checkpoint can modify the ip of the incoming packet (and also to the outgoing packet) to whatever you choose.

If you can be more specific about what you want to do exactly then i may be able to be more help, otherwise good luck.

Reply to
die.spam

hello

Part Pic

How to run update query on AS400 table as linked server? Bill, As I indicated, I can't help in getting the syntax right for directly using an AS400 table. However, to the best of my knowledge ... microsoft.public.sqlserver.server - Oct 23 2002, 6:18 am by BP Margolin

- 6 messages - 4 authors

Daniello wrote:

Reply to
Part Pic

Be more specific. There are several ways to interpret the question and several ways to answer it, all of which probably depend on the firewall brand.

I do stuff like this with most of the products I work with though, if I get your question.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

There are some firewalls for which this is not possible, as the firewall will recognize the incoming packets and discard them.

There are some firewalls for which this can be done provided that the packets are reflected off of an outside device.

With Cisco IOS-based routers with "Advanced Security" or "Firewall Feature Set", you can handle it inside the device by carefully using "loopback interfaces" and selective routing.

I have no information on the capabilities of other major brands.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Huh? Any proper firewall configuration will recognize the incoming traffic being related to the outgoing requests and allow it.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Thanks to all for the responses, and I am sorry for my vagueness.

I have a network m> > Is there any way (right now regardless of firewall brand) to re-route

Reply to
Daniello

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.