Firewall webcam/online game problem.

I'm on a military base overseas and we use a local ISP for the living area. Since before Christmas, we can't web cam using Yahoo or play any on line gaming, like Second Life. When I try to webcam with Yahoo it says "it appears you are behind a firewall". I can webcam using Skype but still can't play on line games. Our communications guys say they didn't do anything to block the ports and they said the ISP is saying the same thing, strange since this is affecting everyone in the dorms. Any suggestions?

Reply to
parrishs8
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1168703926.100615.282180 @a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

You get this problem behind many NAT devices that have issue with UPnP. It is likely the local network rather than the ISP. Talk to your network techs again. I would say its an issue with their equipment being misconfigured for services such as this.

Reply to
AwPhuch

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.